Dear Loved One,
Something about the Christmas season makes us more inclined to acknowledge the child in us; not just in a poetic sense, but in being authentic with our humanity. One of the greatest human deceptions is that we are too “mature” to acknowledge our child-likeness in the presence of the Living God.
“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” These words, spoken by Jesus in Matthew 18:3, lead us to consider three encounters of Jesus with children, and how we are invited to come as a child to Him:
- Jairus’ daughter (Mark 5:21-43): Don’t let death dominate you; the Living Lord has come into your presence.
- The children who were rebuked by the disciples (Matthew 19:13-15): Beyond whatever rejection may have happened, He will reach out His hand and bless you.
- The little boy who gave up his lunch (John 6:9-12): Come as a child to Jesus, possessing unimagined possiblities.
This Christmas season, dear friend, the message to you and me is, Come as a child to Jesus.
- Whatever’s died, He can resurrect;
- Wherever there are wounds, He’ll reach His hand and bless;
- If you surrender everything you have to Him, He will create unimagined possibilties.
These truths from the Word of God are contained in my three-message Christmas series, Come as a Child, offered this month for the very first time as an album for your partnership gift of $20 or more.
Our team has also created other new albums out of my classic teaching series in our Special Offers for the Christmas season. Thank you for your friendship with our ministry. What we do to reach and touch precious people around the world via our website and broadcasts is only possible because of your gracious and ongoing support.
Join me, loved one, and let’s come to Christmas with the delight and open-heartedness of a child,